Tag Archives: AAI

Around Rs. 25,000 crores to be spent for growth in civil aviation: VK Singh

AAI has taken up development programme to spend around Rs. 25,000 crores in next 4-5 years for expansion and modification of existing terminals, new terminals, expansion or strengthening of existing runways, aprons, Airport Navigation Services (ANS), control towers, technical blocks etc. to meet the expected growth in aviation sector. It was revealed by General (Retd.) Dr. VK Singh, Minister of State, Civil Aviation, in Rajya Sabha.

Read More »

MoCA mulls reinstating tourist visa and privatising more airports

MoCA is in talks with various others ministries – Home Affairs, Health, and External Affairs – for restarting the tourist visa. It has also revealed that AAI will privatise 6-10 more airports April onwards. Pradeep Singh Kharola, Secretary, MoCA, says that the government will look to club profitable airports with loss-making ones during the sale process.

Read More »

Arvind Singh appointed as new Secretary of Tourism

Arvind Singh, Chairman of Airports Authority of India (AAI) and a 1988 IAS officer of Maharashtra Cadre, has been appointed as the new Secretary of Tourism, GOI, and will be taking charge on February 1, 2021.  He will be replacing Yogendra Tripathi, who, after more than 2 years as Tourism Secretary, will be joining as Secretary, Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals. Singh, had also served as Additional Chief Secretary (Energy) in Government of Maharashtra.

Read More »

AAI to develop greenfield airport in Arunachal Pradesh’s Hollongi

The Airport Authority of India (AAI) will develop a greenfield airport at Arunachal Pradesh’s Hollongi, near Itanagar. This airport is expected to be completed by November 2022. With an area of 4100 sqm and estimated cost of Rs 650 crore, the new domestic terminal building of the airport will be able to handle 200 passengers during peak hours. Equipped with eight check-in counters, the terminal building will have all modern passenger facilities. The terminal will be an energy-efficient building provisioned with a Rain Water Harvesting system and sustainable landscape.

Read More »

Adani acquires 74% stake in Mumbai airport, infuses much-needed liquidity

Adani Airport, a subsidiary of Adani Enterprises, is set to become India’s biggest private airport operator after acquiring the entire 50.5% stake of GVK Airport. This takes its total to 74% controlling stake in Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL) as well as the proposed Navi Mumbai International Airport Limited. The remaining 26% is held by AAI.

Read More »
error: Content is protected !!