Eastern Himalayas Travel and Tour Operators’ Association (EHTTOA) signs MoU with Bangladesh at Bengal Travel Mart to promote cross border tourism. Some of the main objectives of the MoU include, promotion of tourism activities jointly, annual meeting to be held jointly in Bangladesh and India every alternative year, TOAB Affiliate Members cannot be involved in B2C in India, EHTTOA Affiliate Members cannot be involved in B2C in Bangladesh, registration fee for each member is proposed as Tk. 1500 or Rs 1200,
Below are the main objectives of the MoU (in detail):
- Each Association will induct Affiliate Members mutually [TOAB 50 & EHTTOA 50] without voting power and other facilities enjoyed by General Member.
- Registration fee for Each Member is proposed as Tk. 1500 Or INR 1200 INR per member.
- Membership Renewal every 02 years of TK 1000 Or INR 800 per member.
- Annual meeting to be held jointly in Bangladesh and India in every alternative year.
- Issues on Common cause to be addressed jointly.
- Exchange and use of logo to be permitted.
- EC of Each Association to approve Affiliate Membership.
- Development launching and other tourism related issue to be taken up jointly for the promotion of the sector.
- Rules for induction of members will be revised every two years if necessary.
- First Joint Move will be on Identifying, Listing and Promotion of Home Stays and Rural Tourism.
- Promotion of tourism activities jointly.
- TOAB Affiliate Members cannot be involved in B2C in India and EHTTOA Affiliate Members cannot be involved in B2C in Bangladesh.
- Each Association Member will monitor all aspects respectively.