Sharing the aim and vision of the team Moving Forward for the upcoming IATO Elections scheduled on 6th March in Delhi, Rajiv Mehra, the current Vice President and the candidate for President for the next term said that his aim is to think big and not lure our members with small petty benefits.” We are going to work for revival of business for our esteemed membership. The need of the hour is to think lateral & logical with paramount aim focus on the revival of our businesses and ignore the petty issues. We are confident that our members are intelligent enough to choose the best team,” he said in a meet and greet event organised for travel trade media in Delhi.
The short term and long-term Agenda of the team is as under:-
- To continue to follow up with Ministry of Finance/Commerce/DGFT regarding the release of SEIS Scrips for 2019-20.
- To get SEIS for the tour operators for the next 5 years by getting it included in Foreign Trade Policy 2021-25 with the easy terms and conditions suitable to our members.
- To remove the requirement of minimum Rs. 2 crores turnover of foreign exchange earnings in MDA Guidelines for overseas promotion so that all our members can be benefited.
- To get relaxation in qualification for MoT Recognition by adding diploma/certificate of Tourism & Hospitality Skill Council
- To request Ministry of Tourism to start marketing and promotions by organising roadshows, participation in international travel marts, organise fam trips for FTOs etc., as soon as the restriction on e-Visa is removed and international flights start operating,
- To get the IATO website linked with the MOT website so that members can receive queries/leads.
- To promote the IATO website in different source markets so as to get leads/queries for our members.
- To request the Ministry to provide booths to tour operators in all major international travel marts on very subsidized cost so that members could participate in maximum marts.
- To continue to follow up and take up issues with all the Ministries including Finance, Railways, Road Transportation, Civil Aviation, Culture, SEPC, MSME and RBI etc.
- To make amendments in IATO Memorandum of Association as per today’s needs. Majority of the work has already been done.
- To make our State Chapter Chairmen Strong with major thrust and support from the head office.
- To work for the development of our members Pan India basis.
- To continue skill development training program for the members’ on pan India basis with support from our State Chapters.
- To create and develop synergy between active and allied members all over the country for marketing and knowledge sharing of new products through regular Webinars to benefit the entire membership
- To continue the cordial relationship with other associations and Chambers of Commerce i.e. FAITH, CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM, PHD, WTTC, FHRAI and HAI etc. for our common interest & Objective to take forward those initiatives with the Government.