Vistara is constantly working to maintain the highest standards of safety and is taking all necessary precautions and measures to fight the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As part of the efforts, the airline had set up a Specialized Task Force in January 2020 to orchestrate various preventive, containment and decontamination measures. Vistara has adopted the WHO guidelines, stepped up safety measures on its aircraft, in offices and airport areas. The airline is reviewing this regularly as the situation continues to evolve.
- Vistara is now cleaning its aircraft at the turnaround of every single flight with disinfectants recommended by aircraft manufacturers and as prescribed by the authorities. This means all cabins of Vistara’s aircraft, including seats, tray tables, latches, galley, seatbelt buckles, all lavatories and flight deck etc. are being disinfected after every flight.
- Additionally, thorough deep cleaning of all aircraft in Vistara’s fleet is being carried out every 24 hours using approved higher concentration of disinfectant cleaner. Callington 2200 (CH2200) is being used as the disinfectant cleaner, and the cleaning procedures are carried out by teams equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as body suits, hand gloves, face masks, as required.
OTHER PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES:
- Vistara is continuously monitoring flights across its network for risks. If a suspected case comes to the airline’s attention, either voluntarily or reported/observed by our crew (i.e. passengers exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19), Vistara’s operations and maintenance control centers are immediately informed for necessary action.
- This includes immediate sanitization of the affected row including three rows ahead and behind of it, lavatory, sidewalls, tray tables, overhead compartments and carpets by approved cleaners.
- If any confirmed cases are reported, Vistara will immediately carry out complete sanitization of the entire aircraft.
- Vistara’s cabin crew practice a high level of personal hygiene and wear disposable gloves during processes such as clearance of trays.
- Vistara’s fleet is equipped with the HEPA (High Efficiency-Particulate Arrestors) air recirculation filters that capture and remove viruses with high efficiency. The air in the cabins refreshes itself every few minutes.
- Cabins in all Vistara aircraft are now also equipped with surgical masks, gloves, sanitizer wipes and contact-less infrared thermometers.
- On the ground, any customer who shows symptoms of fever and/or respiratory illness is required to undergo a precautionary check-up with the Airport Medical Support Team. Vistara teams handling such customers are equipped with PPE to minimize risk of infection. The airlne’s ground handling partners have also been advised to wear PPE to maintain high levels of personal hygiene during their shifts.