Virgin Atlantic has announced a new second daily service to Delhi Indira Gandhi Airport, commencing on 29 March 2020, offering 108,000 additional seats for summer 2020. The new flights to Delhi will go on sale on Saturday, 23 November. It will depart Heathrow in the morning complementing the airline’s current evening departure and offering more choice to customers travelling for both business and leisure between India and UK’s capital cities. Together with Delta Air Lines, Virgin Atlantic will offer seamless connections between Delhi and New York JFK, Boston, Detroit and Atlanta via Heathrow.
The airline will also be re-timing its Mumbai flight to an evening departure from Heathrow, offering a more convenient choice for business customers. With the additional daily flight to Delhi and the newly launched Mumbai service, Virgin Atlantic will offer more choice to India than ever before.
Juha Jarvinen, EVP Commercial at Virgin Atlantic, said:
“Next year will mark twenty years since Virgin Atlantic started flying to Delhi, and the service continues to grow in popularity for both business and leisure travel. The second daily service from Heathrow is an excellent opportunity to meet customer demand on this route and, coupled with our new service to Mumbai, we’re able to offer even more choice and unrivalled Virgin Atlantic service to customers travelling between the UK and India.’’
The airline has announced some further changes to its flying programme in 2020:
- For transatlantic customers, the airline will fly its brand new A350 to San Francisco from May 2020, and coupled with a new weekly flight, will boost capacity by 40,000 seats for the summer season.
- By August, Virgin Atlantic’s A350 aircraft will fly to five destinations across its network. The next routes to debut the aircraft from Summer 2020 are:
- Johannesburg will debut the A350 with a daily service from March 2020.
- From April 2020, the A350 will fly daily to Los Angeles
- There will be a daily A350 service to San Francisco from May 2020
- There will be a daily A350 service to Lagos from August 2020
Virgin Atlantic’s A350 aircraft took to the skies in September with an inaugural flight to New York. With a totally redesigned Upper Class cabin complete with Loft area as well as tailcam and new in-seat ordering feature, this new aircraft is revolutionising travel. Virgin Atlantic has ordered a total of 12 A350-1000 aircraft, with them all scheduled to join the fleet by 2021.