Cholan Tours to launch tourist guide facilitation app on November 15

Cholan Tours, part of Lufthansa City Center, is set to launch a new mobile application, which will help connect the tour operators, travel guides and guides for better co-ordination and support. Sharing details, Pandian, Director, Cholan Tours said, “We have been thinking about coming up with something like this from last 5-7 years and now we have found right people and the work is going on for the launch of the App. We have scheduled a launch on November 15 this year. The app will help connect the tourist with guides, which is very tough to pre-book for tourist travelling to India. They can book flights, hotels and other services but now with the new app, they will be able to book guides as well. With this, more employment for guides will be generated throughout the year and guide services in the country will also improve.”

He went on to say that around 88 per cent of tourists coming to India travel to the country on their own or through unorganised sector while the rest 12 per cent take services of organised travel agencies. “My intention of creating this App is not to disturb the 12 per cent share but tap the 88 per cent share of the market to book travel guides. If we are able to get even 10 per cent of the share, it will be phenomenal boost to bookings,” he added.

error: Content is protected !!